72 hours in Budapest

DSCF4332DSCF4338DSCF4357 DSCF4360 DSCF4379DSCF4376 DSCF4295 DSCF4350 DSCF4268IMG_0042 DSCF4281 DSCF4362 IMG_0039 DSCF4289 DSCF4326

I think, just maybe, my new favourite city. Spontaneous trips to new places are the best – even better when they’re full of good food, weather and views.  There was something even nicer about going to a city (or a country) where we both knew pretty much nothing. I didn’t know a single word of the language, the currency looked insane and I didn’t have any idea of the things we *must* visit. Armed with a seriously crammed backpack and a camera, we headed off for a couple of days of wandering around and exploring. Walking up all the hills (even better at night!), across all of the bridges and climbing all the stairs – the iPhone health app practically died we walked so many steps. The buildings so grand and with so much character, the trams looking oh so rEtRo and a serious escape from the manic of London. A perfect weekend, what a dreamy city. I love it.

To eat:

To visit:

• Szechenyi Thermal Baths (40 degree outdoor baths and beer)
  • Any shop because there’s pineapple Fanta over there, I tell ya
  • Everywhere around by the Dohany Street Synagogue – sweet vintage, street art and independent stores
  • A walk up to Citadel and St Stephens Basilica

In other news, back to the grrrriiiiiiiiiiiiind (spent all night staring at an empty InDesign doc, fun fun fun). Also, WHERE NEXT?

now playing: duh

9 Comments

1. rékus 10th February 2016 / 10:08 am

aaaw i didn’t know you were coming to town, i would have gladly shown you around. btw i love your blog, good luck and kisses from budapest! <3

2. Holl JC 10th February 2016 / 11:12 am

So so sooooo many stunning pictures Ellie! Budapest looks divine! x

holljc.blogspot.co.uk

3. Sarah Nunn 10th February 2016 / 1:28 pm

Omg that ice cream looks amazing!!! I’d love to go to Budapest. xx

4. Alona 10th February 2016 / 2:20 pm

Budapest looks amazing! Kind of reminds me of Prague. Definitely need to go there :) Lovely photos ^^ x Alona

gentleconfusion.blogspot.com

5. radiatefashionblog 10th February 2016 / 8:45 pm

Budapest seems amazing and that salted caramel ice-cream as well. Definitely on my travel wish list :)

6. Basically Zaynab 12th February 2016 / 7:41 pm

gorgeous pictures, that ice-cream looks so amazing too!

7. Nancy Wilde 16th February 2016 / 3:55 pm

Oh man, I can’t wait to go to Budapest!! It looks fantastic. And the salted caramel ice cream detail made me drool tremendously. How many days would you recommend to visit the city? Is it huuuge or ok to walk around?

nancywilde.blogspot.com

• ellieeburns 17th February 2016 / 9:52 pm

I only went for 2 nights and it was perfect to see the main things but I would’ve loved to have spent longer there!!

8. Nora D 16th February 2016 / 8:31 pm

I want last January and it was so fun! Especially the Szechenyi Thermal Baths. Sad I missed out on the crisps on a stick though!

aaaaaayyyyyyy kind one, thank you for commenting