I think, just maybe, my new favourite city. Spontaneous trips to new places are the best – even better when they’re full of good food, weather and views. There was something even nicer about going to a city (or a country) where we both knew pretty much nothing. I didn’t know a single word of the language, the currency looked insane and I didn’t have any idea of the things we *must* visit. Armed with a seriously crammed backpack and a camera, we headed off for a couple of days of wandering around and exploring. Walking up all the hills (even better at night!), across all of the bridges and climbing all the stairs – the iPhone health app practically died we walked so many steps. The buildings so grand and with so much character, the trams looking oh so rEtRo and a serious escape from the manic of London. A perfect weekend, what a dreamy city. I love it.
- Gelarto Rosa (salted caramel rose-looking ice cream, that is all)
- Kiosk (the fanciest restaurant and the best cocktails ever)
- Taverna Dionysos (greek food cuz when in Buda….)
- Hot Dog Cold Beer (crisps on a stick and a deep fried Mars Bar)
- Szechenyi Thermal Baths (40 degree outdoor baths and beer)
- Any shop because there’s pineapple Fanta over there, I tell ya
- Everywhere around by the Dohany Street Synagogue – sweet vintage, street art and independent stores
- A walk up to Citadel and St Stephens Basilica
In other news, back to the grrrriiiiiiiiiiiiind (spent all night staring at an empty InDesign doc, fun fun fun). Also, WHERE NEXT?
now playing: duh