Working in the Creative Industry (OUR DOCUMENTARY)

Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 10.52.22

OUR TRALIER

This past term at uni we’ve been looking at film. Eurgh. Film. I’ve always been scared of it and the idea reality of having an idea in your head and it just not coming out the way you want it to. Every damn time. We could either do a fashion film/documentary or lots of short episodes based on anything to do with the creative industry and London – just as long as it was targeted at our age group.

We looked at how creatives work in London. Whether they have another job on the side, use their bedroom as their creative space and how they use London to influence their work. Our short episodes are called Overtime. Sometimes you’ve got to put the extra hours in – but when you absolutely love what you do, you can totally make it work.

Featuring my favourite blogger (and Notts gal) Charlotte, my friend Emily – a fashion photographer and Laila, the coolest musician (and blogger!) in the world. Also edited by my bestie Sam, shot by Jed and illustrations by my housemate Cat (who has an awesome new blog too!) – for the time ever the result looks exactly how it did in my head and I’m proper chuffed!!!

If you wanted to watch them each episode is only like a minute long, I’d love any feedback!

Untitled-2

EPISODE 1EPISODE 2EPISODE 3

now playing: SOUL SUNDAY SPOTIFY PLAYLIST, ABSOLUTE TCHUNES I TELL YA

8 Comments

1. Holl JC 10th June 2016 / 12:56 pm

Oh wow, fashion film, now that does give me flash backs! Feel like I’ve spent the majority of this year working on one film or another for uni, these look amazing Ellie! x

holljc.blogspot.co.uk

2. Janne 10th June 2016 / 6:09 pm

Just watched the first one. Loved it! Peaceful, entertaining and to the point :)

3. Desi 10th June 2016 / 8:03 pm

I absolutely looooveeeeeee your little movies! It is something I’d love to do myself sometime. Making movies likes that must be so much fun. I like how they turned out. It really feels like you are there with the people, in their kitchen and living room, like you are talking to them yourself. The subject is also inspiring, creativity in the creative world of others. Thank you for showing. xoxo

4. Shannon 11th June 2016 / 6:14 pm

I love the little movies Ellie!! Well done, you should be so proud of them! :D xx

5. Basically Zaynab 11th June 2016 / 6:23 pm

These were so great to watch Ellie and such great insight into what its like to have a creative job!! x

6. Imogen 11th June 2016 / 8:07 pm

I absolutellyyyyy loovveeeddd these vids! I loved how they seemed so genuine and the music combined with the person talking worked so well, Love how they were snappy and short and so intriguing at the same time.
    Imogen
    imocdj.blogspot.co.uk

aaaaaayyyyyyy kind one, thank you for commenting