Here’s a picture of me in a shop.
HI, IT’S MY FAVOURITE TOPIC TO TALK ABOUT: RETAIL, THE PAIN AND THE JOYS. I have beautiful anecdotes from 5 years working in retail whilst tips from being a student desperate to save money where I can. Asked by Contact Numbers UK as part of their #PartySeasonReady campaign, they’re a massive directory full of customer service and are looking to make everyone’s festive season as easy as possible so here are my pros and cons from shopping online and on the high-street (with tips along the way).
Shopping on the high-street:
- Having to pay that extra 5p is annoying (and bad for the environment), tote bags are the answer!
- Avoid weekends, obviously, no explanation needed and choose Monday mornings ideally (a dream, especially walking around Westfield Stratford)
- If it’s busy, know your size…..just in case you need to make any last minute grabs without trying on
- Save the earth! Email receipts! Also no rummaging around for them for returns!
- Personal shopping services for when times get tough, Topshop and River Island’s services are free!
- Take your Mum if possible because they always make the wisest decisions
- Have a backup plan for delivery just in case you’re not home….(deliver to work?)
- …and the pain of waiting for delivery, free next day deals are worth keeping your eyes peeled for!
- Shop with the store app in hand, research deals online just in case!
- Mailing lists, discounts, etc
- Dupes! Cheaper alternatives of basic garments? Try the likes of Boohoo, Missguided, boutique-y shops to get a cheaper Topshop alternative!
- Groupon (despite the annoying emails there’s some good nuggets in there)
Also please share how you prefer to shop whether it’s on the high-street or online, and share your tips too wise ones!
Post in collaboration with Contact Numbers UK