East Side Gallery
Sachsenhausen concentration camp
Street Food, Thursday night @ Markthalle
Berlin has been a city I’ve wanted to explore for so long, I’ve passed through for the day years ago but it’s been high on the list to visit to do all the museums, eat all the food, drink the beer, visit the shops and experience the nightlife, duh. God bless Ryan Air and their Black Friday £10 flights and amidst the January back-to-uni blues, we packed our bags and wore all the coats, socks, gloves, hats, knitwear we could find for a lil’ post-Christmas ‘oliday. We ticked off all the landmarks, found a club under the U-Bahn, ate Pretzels and found a couple of gems along the way. I also couldn’t feel my face, fingers or toes for 4 days straight. There’s so much left I want to do so I feel like a trip one Summer will most definitely be needed.
- Sachsenhausen concentration camp, for this I have no real words. The holocaust is something that has always interested me but never in my life did I think I’d be able to visit a concentration camp. Chilling, saddening and just a place where everything I did, even use the museum toilet felt inappropriate. A short train from the centre of Berlin, I’m pleased (again, it feels like the wrong word) I had the chance to visit and something I’ll never forget. Very much recommend.
- East Side Gallery
- Bundestag (it’s free but prebook!)
- DDR Museum on the life of living on the East Side of Germany
- Checkpoint Charlie (I got my Passport stamped cuz I’m a tOuRisT like dat)
- Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
- Brandenburg Gate
- Topography of Terror
- Thursday night, street food from the Markthalle was insane (a whole stall of tofu? holy YES my friend)
- Snap Natural Fast Food
- Vegetarian food is generally really good in Berlin (I was surprised!), we can eat!
- We just ate crackers and guacamole from the supermarket tbh
- Kreuzberg (I’d love to explore more!)
- Zoologischer Garten (we stayed near here in this hotel which was so cheap and so nice!)
I’m thinking of just moving to Berlin really.