So I did the last post just as I finished uni like hey hey woop woop guess who has loads of free time and guess who’s gonna post all the time! Well, er, the minute I posted that everything kinda went to another level and I suppose long story short my goal of everything ever is basically complete: I HAVE A JOOOOOOOOOOB (AND IT’S FINALLY NOT IN RETAAAAAIL!)
I’m sure if you were to search on my blog archive ‘all I want is a job in fashion’, it would appear a good 50+ times since I started this blog (that was when I was 15, I’m now a week away from turning 22). Well hi, past Ellie with bad acne and badly dyed hair that’s way too long, this is a note to say that shit (pretty much) falls into place just as you really bloody hoped it would. You need to chill out, probs go out a bit more and have a bit more confidence.
I started this (at the beginning, let’s not lie, for jokes) but to learn more about the fashion industry. I was able to work with the likes of ASOS, Urban Outfitters etc back in the days where blogging was something brand new. I’d read Company magazine religiously (RIP), follow the likes of Llymlrs and people who worked in the industry in London and it felt a million miles away (or too much of an expensive train ride) from living in Nottingham and my grotty school.
(MY BLOG ARCHIVE IS A WEIRD PLACE I TELL YA. 2012 ft American Apparel disco points, mirrored photo editing (DUH) and Cath Kidston bed sheets. Bye.
Small steps, but my blog was my hobby that got me into uni, got me my initial contacts to get internships that I suppose followed on to this now! So thanks Ellie’s Favourite Things forever the blog with the naffest name in the world! I’m sure everyone’s over this blog ting and follows me on Insta instead but just in case I’m now just over 3 months into my role as PR & Social Assistant as Skinnydip and it’s great. Talking palm trees in the meeting room, free vip tickets to Lovebox and putting on dreamy events, I’m basically doing my uni course IRL and it’s amazing and I feel so lucky!
Here’s some other stuff that’s happened since the last blog post:
- I came second for GFW’s New Media Award and ASOS’ Future Talent Portfolio Award
- I’m one of Elle’s ‘5 Fashion Promotion Graduates to Keep Your Eyes On‘ (like wtf)
- I have a D&AD Pencil
- OH and I got a first in my degree!!!!!!!
In less show-y-off-y news (I’ll stop with that now, I have literally never won anything in my life until this year)
- I went to the Maccabees final show at Ally Pally and cried loads
- Visited Brighton again
- I’ve been home like 4 TIMES WHICH IS LOADS FOR ME
- So I officially left Lush after 5 years of selling soap!
- Sat and drank prosecco on Primrose Hill like the sophisticated gal I am
- Visited Bristol for the first time!
- Bought flowers from Columbia Road like 4 weekends in a row
- Drank LOADS of cider and lived weekends like normal people
- Trying to pretend Council Tax doesn’t exist
- Saw some mates for the first time in years
So that’s that. Also next week I turn 22 which is really gross and that also means that I’ve now been blogging for 6 years. How weird. I suppose the last year doesn’t really count but you know what I mean.
Here’s an example of me enjoying cider at the weekend with my housemates (weekend number 6 AR (that means after retail))