Hope everyone’s had a really lovely Bank Holiday! Uni’s finished, everything’s finished and I feel so on top of the world and so happy and also feel like I have the headspace (and energy) to have a hobby again. Wot is a blog? Is blogging even still a thing? Will anyone read this? Hello? I also have the headspace to have friends, cook meals, wash my hair and generally be a normal person again. The past couple of months have been hard and I’ve had to take everything down to the minimum in terms of life; basically all I’ve done since October is sit in the library, go to work and eat, sleep uni work. By sleep I mean you should hear some of the conversations I’ve been having with myself these past couple of months (actually, don’t).
But, I’m the happiest and proudest I’ve been with any work ever and for the sake of 9 months, it’s been really worth it. Here’s some updates, some things I’ve liked etc over the past couple of months in note form:
- First of all if perhaps you’re looking for an assistant in communications, events or anything creative, hello! Pick me! My website, portfolio and LinkedIn
- The Northern Soul inspired Gucci Autumn campaign is beaut
- I bought at least 5 new striped t-shirts
- HAIM ARE BACK AND JUST WOW
- I marched for female rights and equality
- I was the biggest buyer of Tesco’s tomato and mozzarella pasta bake from the months February to about yesterday (I’m talking like 3 of them a week)
- I watched all of Gilmore Girls and it was exhausting with a terrible ending
- Memes were my food and water
- Naomi moved to Leicester and we had some proper nice days out and I got to show her Nottingham!
- I went and wrapped denim around loads of places in London cuz that’s what you do when you study fashion
- I went home to see my Mum like a whole one time
- I had 5 near death experiences with my laptop and InDesign crashing
- I got sad and sympathetic looks from all the staff at uni because I was there SO DAMN MUCH
- I gatecrashed the X Factor auditions
- Coffee became a really important part of my life
- I am a pencil winner at the D&AD New Blood Awards!
- Heart eye emojis all round for Bella Hadid recreating the Farrah Fawcett skateboard image for Nike Cortez
- I’m moving house (to a whole 30 seconds down the road from my current house)
- Spent so much time and money in ABC Printers in Farringdon that I could die
- Ripped up 20 pairs of jeans and stitched them all together
- And put on an event for my Final Major Project and have never been so pleased with any piece of work I’ve ever done ever
I’m currently working at Skinnydip helping out with social media and events and I absolutely love it!
- I went to a Eurovision party dressed as IKEA
- I visited the Barbican!
- Comfortably included the word ‘alas’ in my vocabulary and alas I now use the term in every sentence
- I can now officially confirm that I am now 30% grey hair
- When your Mum said when you were younger that if you stare at a TV or computer screen too much you can get square eyes, I can now confirm that I have square eyes
- I can officially call myself a graduate and to celebrate I went for a bottomless prosecco brunch like the Londoner I am and ate avocado on toast with the bestest mates ever
There we go, here’s to more adventures, having a life and £45k student debt! I’m soooooooooooooo looking forward to being able to blog again and not feel guilty about it.
now playing: shout out to Easy 00’s for getting me thu dis